We started making wedding videos for friends
Happy to film our friends in love, we shared what we created and more people started asking us to film their wedding. Somewhere along the way, we thought – hey – we must be onto something if people keep asking us to make wedding videos.
So began our journey of filming weddings & making new friends along the way. When someone tells us the film we created for them is more than they could have imagined, our hearts go all a-flutter. Knowing people connect to our work shows us how important it is to share stories people’s lives. We build each film keeping individuality and honesty front of mind, continuing to make beautiful films for awesome people in love.
A handful of questions to ask yourself if you’re thinking of having your wedding filmed:
1. Do I like the thought of traveling back in time?
2. Do I enjoy making new friends?
3. Can I handle having two more smiley people in my life?
4. Will I be okay with just having photos of my wedding?
5. Will I want to hear what people said on my wedding day?
Answered yes to 4 out of 5 questions above? Sounds like we’re on the right track.
To find out if we’re free on your wedding date you’re welcome to send us a message right here. Still hunting for the right venue, planner or photographer? We’d be happy to share suggestions of the talented creatives we’ve teamed up over our years as camera-touting wedding crashers.
10 reasons why we’re a fun crew to have on board:
- We’re nimble with cameras, know what we’re doing and like to have fun!
- We make homemade bread and it’s delicious. We might share.
- We love to laugh and keep it light. 60% of the time, Grady delivers corny jokes on the spot.
- Our cameras fit in one hand & are equipped with special lenses to make you look fantastic.
- It’s a treat for us to get to know you & your families. We want your faves to feel at ease with us (and our cameras).
- Some of our favourite moments to film are the first time you see each other, reactions during the ceremony & first dances.
- We’re smiley and dogs like us.
- We love the work we do & it shows. Our smiles per minute ratio is ridiculously high.
- We think weddings are a fun way to make friends with you, your photographer & your guests. You better believe we can shake it on the dance floor!
- To prove we like cameras and in case you’d like to know what we look like, check out our Engagement video here. Shot on Super 8 and iPhone, this gem is a glimpse into how we spend our time together – biking, laughing & eating good food, sometimes all at once! We like to live on the edge.
Thanks to our awesome friend Kelsey of KGoodPhoto for this photo in our fave little city, Victoria BC.
We are the ‘Common Lawlors’, two people who have chosen to build a life together as partners and as a creative team. For those who wanna know what we’re all about/like to creep you can watch the Super 8 film of our engagement filmed by our friends on Panorama Ridge at Garibaldi Lake in Squamish.
Adventurous thinking, eating chocolate & fostering dogs are some of the nifty ways we share this life. We’ve learned a few things in our decade together – mostly that we value good times & memory-making with awesome people. We are driven by story and have a knack for putting feeling into our work. It’s all about the connection for us. With story, music, the strangers who invite us to film them & each other. We invest time where it counts.
Fun Facts About Breanna
She filmed talk shows (Sally Jesse Raphael, anyone?) with her friends in 3rd grade using VHS camcorders
She ran 2 half-marathons in 2017 – both of which were driven by wine, and donuts, respectively.
She gets teary-eyed when she gets ‘the feels’ & credits Grey’s Anatomy for inspiring stellar music choices in her edits
She will sing made up jingles while making americanos in the morning
She likes to listen to hip hop & vacuum, preferably simultaneously
She has participated in a hula-hooping competition. Twice.
She met Grady when he was a DJ and she was a first year media student
She will sneak root veggies into homemade desserts
She wants to eat chocolate in Belgium, gallivant through London & sleep under the stars in a field in Norway among sheep
She went backpacking for the first time up to Garibaldi Lakes in Squamish (where Grady proposed)
She has a goal to foster 50 dogs before she adopts her first one. So far, we’ve had 21 dogs call our home, home.
Fun Facts About Grady
He is always smiling & likes to crack corny jokes – mostly to try and impress Bre
He is a humble magician with a camera
He used to DJ at nightclub in Victoria so he’s equipped with mom ears
He went to film school in Victoria and grew up in Campbell River
He has 3 nifty younger brothers and just became an uncle for the first time!
He chose Garibaldi Lakes to propose to Breanna because it was a big achievement
He wants to travel to the East Coast of Canada, London (check!) Iceland, France & Peru.
He wears the same pants at weddings & always looks stylish – we have polaroids to prove it
He has a heart of gold & a way with people to help them feel at ease
Him on the a dance floor is like Riverdance meets Richard Simmons
He has ripped more pairs of pants by dancing than any other activity
He cleans up real nice but prefers to be ready for a dog hike at all times